Soul-utions is a carefully crafted worship experience designed to help you on your spiritual journey. We are a group of people who are seeking God's plan for how to live our lives. You are welcome to join us on Sunday mornings at 11:00 AM at Morrison United Methodist Church in Leesburg, Florida. Come on in, grab some breakfast, and experience the love of Christ.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How To Tell the Truth?

Before you tell the truth, it is often wise to consider what you hope to accomplish by doing so.

Are you trying to hurt someone or make your relationship stronger (see, should I tell)?

And it helps to keep in mind, that both telling the truth AND using deception are important in a close relationship. Whether we like to admit it or not, both are required to make a close relationship work (see, pros and cons of lying).

But, if you ultimately decide to tell the truth, what is the best way to do it?

This was the beginning of an article I found online when I googled “telling the truth.”  The source is a website called Truth About Deception: Advice about lying, infidelity, love and romance.  This really bothers me.  When the Bible states in the 9th commandment, “Thou shall not lie,” my understanding is that lying is always wrong.   The message of scripture is that we are to tell the truth.  I find it offensive that this article believes that deception is an important aspect of a close relationship.  No wonder the divorce rate is so high and we find it hard to trust people.  I don’t need an article or anyone telling me how to tell the truth.  It should be very simple.  Every word that comes out of my mouth should be the truth!  If I say something, those around me shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not it is fact or fiction.  Every healthy relationship has a solid foundation of truth.  What about your relationships?   Are you telling the truth?  Just remember, God knows the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment