Soul-utions is a carefully crafted worship experience designed to help you on your spiritual journey. We are a group of people who are seeking God's plan for how to live our lives. You are welcome to join us on Sunday mornings at 11:00 AM at Morrison United Methodist Church in Leesburg, Florida. Come on in, grab some breakfast, and experience the love of Christ.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Every traveler knows the importance of finding shelter by night – a place to rest, to claim refuge from the day, and to greet the morning.   This is especially true during a storm; a place to find shelter is imperative.  Each of us needs something to hold on to.  So where do you seek out shelter during the storms of life? 
I turn to the promises of God to shelter me from life’s turbulent times.   So what is a promise?  According to one definition I found:  a promise is a manifestation of intention to act or refrain from acting in a specified way.  God is the only promise maker that is a guaranteed promise keeper.  I wish I could say that about other people in my life, but the truth is – God is perfect, man is not.
God’s promises revealed to us through the scriptures include the promise to have enough, to have confidence in God’s plan in the midst of pain, unconditional love, grace when we fail, hope in brokenness, strength for the difficult times, knowledge that in God life will be better, to feel the peace that passes all understanding, and to know that we have a future home with God.  What more could I ask for? 
I know that God’s promises will never fail me!   Maybe you should give God a chance to prove his promises are for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment